Tramex Moisture Encounter - ME5Product Code: ME5
The Tramex Moisture Encounter 5 (ME5) is a Dual-Depth, non-destructive moisture meter for instant moisture measurement and evaluation. Deep Depth penetration up to 30mm & Shallow Depth penetration up to 10mm. 5 Ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry, making the ME5 ideal for testing in and through a wide range of materials in the building envelope.
The Tramex ME5 is also the ideal instrument for Pest Contollers and Building Inspectors, in the preliminary detection of termites. A higher moisture level than normal can be a good indicator of termite activity, as they require moist, humid conditions for survival.
- 5 Ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber / Shallow Depth / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Tile / Masonry
- Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparative of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
- Deep signal penetration, up to 30mm in wood and drywall, detects elevated moisture through most covering materials without having to damage or puncture the materials being tested.
- Shallow Depth scale is designed to have a field penetration of up to 10mm.
- Wide range of readings from 5% to 30% on Wood Scale and 0 to 100 on comparative scale for all other materials.
- Detects moisture through paint, wallpaper, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, ceiling tiles, roofing membranes, and asphalt composition shingles.
- Bluetooth connection to accompanying IOS & Android App allowing for continual development and integration of apps and reporting.
- Hold Function which enables the user to “freeze” the reading, useful when taking readings where the meter face may not be visible.
- High Moisture Audio Warning Tone which can be enabled or disabled.
- Large clear easy to read analog display giving meaningful readings.
- Rugged ergonomically designed enclosure.
Size: 160mm x 85mm x 38mm
Construction: ABS Body
Power: 2 x AA ALKALINE (included)
Depth of penetration: Shallow signal: up to 10mm
Deep signal: up to 30mm
Wood Moisture Content: 5 to 30%
Reference scale for building materials: 0 to 100